I am normally a pasta person and rarely cook spaghetti. But i thought of trying spaghetti last night and sharing it with you guys. Its a really simple tomato sauce recipe and should not take more then 15 minutes to cook.
1 tbsp oil
2 cloves garlic (grated)
1 onion chopped
3 tbsp tomato puree
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
1/4 tsp Pepper powder
1/4 tsp Oregano
1/4 tsp mixed herbs
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp chili paste or 2-3 chili chopped
1) Boil the water and add spaghetti. Also a pinch of salt and let it cook till its done.
2) Heat oil in a pan and add garlic and chopped onions. Let them cook until its golden brown.
3) Add tomato puree, tomato sauce, pepper powder, oregano, mixed herbs, chili paste or chopped chili. Add salt according to your taste as you would have added salt when the spaghetti is cooking.
4) Lower the heat and let the mixture cook for a while.
5) The spaghetti should be ready by now and add it in the sauce and mix it slowly.
6) Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
I hope you like it and let me know if you try it at home by tagging me or using #thekenyanone. I would love to hear your suggestions and feedback.
Till then take care,
The Kenyan One